The State of Xbox and Patch 3.6.1

This is a good start but we really need a lot more communication like this, hopefully we get these issues cleaned up soon as the last league took a long time before you cleared up most but not all of the connection issues and now this one started out much worse.
"
slybilly เขียน:
"
Jeff_GGG เขียน:
We've adjusted the point where the client actually enters the area, so this shouldn't be an issue.

So does this mean that the loading times in the transition from one area to another will be longer but the actual area will be more stable?
Yes, when you load into an area you'll have all of the necessary assets that are required for that specific zone in a 'file cache'. When you engage with enemies the game will begin loading what other assets it needs to display item drops, to play effects, load shader files, etc. - As these files are loaded they'll be put into this file cache, which can store up to a certain amount of data at a time. As this file cache reaches capacity it will begin clearing old assets it loaded during the areas intial load so to to make room for the new ones that it immediately needs. If this file cache has stored everything you'd need throughout an area then gameplay will be relatively stable, with minimal hitching. That being said, hitching can still occur if a large amount of data is needed which the HDD cannot process fast enough.
We'll be releasing patch 3.6.1 this morning at 12:00pm NZ Local - which equates to 4:00pm Pacific, 7:00pm Eastern.
"
Jeff_GGG เขียน:
We'll be releasing patch 3.6.1 this morning at 12:00pm NZ Local - which equates to 4:00pm Pacific, 7:00pm Eastern.

Thanks! You guys rock.
"
Jeff_GGG เขียน:
"
slybilly เขียน:
"
Jeff_GGG เขียน:
We've adjusted the point where the client actually enters the area, so this shouldn't be an issue.

So does this mean that the loading times in the transition from one area to another will be longer but the actual area will be more stable?
Yes, when you load into an area you'll have all of the necessary assets that are required for that specific zone in a 'file cache'. When you engage with enemies the game will begin loading what other assets it needs to display item drops, to play effects, load shader files, etc. - As these files are loaded they'll be put into this file cache, which can store up to a certain amount of data at a time. As this file cache reaches capacity it will begin clearing old assets it loaded during the areas intial load so to to make room for the new ones that it immediately needs. If this file cache has stored everything you'd need throughout an area then gameplay will be relatively stable, with minimal hitching. That being said, hitching can still occur if a large amount of data is needed which the HDD cannot process fast enough.

... so like the PC version was before you had to slash the amount of stuff loaded when first entering an area to fight cheat tools?
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner เขียน:
... so like the PC version was before you had to slash the amount of stuff loaded when first entering an area to fight cheat tools?
I'm not sure I understand your question. These changes have nothing to do with 3rd party tools from PC.
Hello.

I dont post often however I thought this warranted a post. Iv been enjoying the xbox release thus far. The fraim drop and mobs not knowing exactly what they are until you hit them is rather annoying but im sure you guys are all over it like a bad rash.

I would love to see more information / communication on what's going on in the background in the future. We the gaming folke cant see you guys working hard but a few words go a long way to reassuring us that stuff is being tinkerd with and improved. 

I do have a question. You mentioned that vinnala and xbox-s are the most affected with these fraim drop / graphical / shader problems. If so would you guys at ggg recommend that poe be played on the xbox 1x for a seamless and smooth ride?
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย herbalteaa เมื่อ 15 มี.ค. 2019 20:56:22
"
Jeff_GGG เขียน:
"
Summoner เขียน:
I'm not sure I understand your question. These changes have nothing to do with 3rd party tools from PC.

What I meant was that the PC version used to load more assets when first entering an area instead of when you get close to something using it, but the preloading was scaled back because cheat tools were made that could tell if eg a specific master was in an area because that masters textures/etc were part of the initial load when entering an area.

It sounded to me like you were going back to the more aggressive preloading the PC version used to do; which should be safe because it's a lot harder to cheat on consoles.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Do you have the next patch ready to fix this patch?
How long is the update?

รายงานโพสต์

รายงานบัญชี:

ประเภทรายงาน

ข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม