Blue Screen of Death

So,

I just got into the beta Via Micro Transaction.

I played in the open beta weekend for quite a few hours and experienced no problems.

However, after the update. I experience random BSOD's shortly into the game. It is always preceded by killing an elite mob of some kind.

Not sure if this is a known problem, but it does make me rather sad to know I presently can not play the game despite paying.

System Spec's:

Windows 7 Pro 64
CPU - 3.4GHz i7-2600k
RAM - 16gb DDR3
GPU - 2x MSI 6950 2GB

It should be noted that I also ran a PackCheck and it returned 0 errors.
Your not alone. im also having the blue screen when playing this game once it was done patching.
I would always BSOD when I entered the quest area for "Through Sacred Ground" in Act 2. I can't remember the exact name of the map but as soon as I entered I would crash everytime. I did this like 4 times. My friend would BSOD everytime he entered the town in Act 2.

At first I thought it was something wrong with my hardware but I'm pretty sure it's not. We don't experience BSODs in any other games, in fact I haven't BSODed in years until I played this game.
"
Daedelus เขียน:
I would always BSOD when I entered the quest area for "Through Sacred Ground" in Act 2. I can't remember the exact name of the map but as soon as I entered I would crash everytime. I did this like 4 times. My friend would BSOD everytime he entered the town in Act 2.

At first I thought it was something wrong with my hardware but I'm pretty sure it's not. We don't experience BSODs in any other games, in fact I haven't BSODed in years until I played this game.

I just walked into that Chamber of Sin or w/e
(didn't see name long enough) and got a BSOD.
Lady Luck Loves a Trust Fall
This thread is relating these problems to Creative Sound Cards, see if your problem fits here : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23875
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
Here is a solution that Shtormovik came up with:

"
Shtormovik เขียน:
After some additional reaserch I have some conclusions about the reason the problem appears.

1) This happens to users with X-Fi ExtremeGamer (and i suppose other X-Fi sound cards)

This is becouse X-Fi has override over openAL in order to things work, while game installation of openAL overwrites those files or just goes into conflict

What should be done:

2) a) If X-Fi is your primary card - install:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352964

It will install appropriate openAL override for you and everything will be good

b) If you had X-Fi sound card in previous and now dont have: you still have parts of override in your system
And new installation of openAL just ruins everything evermore
I did not find way to fix this issue. The only way is to p ut back X-Fi card and install support pack OR reinstall windows, so no X-Fi alchemy(openAL override) will be in your system

I suppose developers should investigate this case and add some special ebhaviour for X-FI users(for example -> dont install openAL automaticaly if you do)

If you don't have a Creative sound card, you should also try updating your other drivers - Path of Exile can't cause a BSOD, but it can activate a part of your hardware that isn't usually used that may cause one.
Balance & Design

รายงานโพสต์

รายงานบัญชี:

ประเภทรายงาน

ข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม