Path of Exile Fan Art Competition

"
Penny_a เขียน:
1st entry

This is what happened when I stepped in Throne of Atziri for the first time.
Yeah, i'm the witch back there!

I love those reactions, priceless!
Here my Kitava submission, hope you like it :)

I added the stages of the drawing below if anyone is interested. Started with pencil and paper and moved onto digital, all done in Photoshop using a multitude of chalk brushes to get the textured effect. Also used the Camera Raw Filter in Photoshop for the final edit.

Cheers for looking at my submission, have a good one exile :)
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Fhaleenn เมื่อ 29 มิ.ย. 2018 14:26:05
3D printed / scultped Brain Rattler

Been wanting to make a PoE weapon for a long time and I finally got around to it.
I was originally planning on 3D printing all of it except for the handle but fusion 360 isn't that good for making minotaur heads. I tried making them in blender but my blender skills were not good enough.
So it ended up being part 3D printed part sculpted in clay.

I have made a little album of the build process : https://imgur.com/a/uYaxZWQ
"
Snorkle_uk เขียน:
Again you seem to think im saying work into it more because u got a save, the save can help u feel better about it, but Im saying work into it more because it will make the art better and it will make you a better artist. I would be saying the same thing if it was traditional art, it just comes with risking more.

Most ok artists paint something thats ok, where a great artist paints that same ok piece, and then uses that as an underpainting to make something great on top of. The difference is often simply that the better artist doesnt stop, they keep going. Its not about technical skill at all, simply perseverance and experience with perseverance.

Its just getting over the idea of risking whats already there, Im trying to get at the idea of never viewing whats there as something that needs protecting because that mindset is what holds artists back. Its always the groundwork for something better to be put on top of.

(Emphasis my own)
I apologize for perhaps skewing your words earlier, I'm the only lass small enough to do some of the wiring we were working on--I got off a 12 hour shift after reading that and I was not mentally together, and was taking things pretty literal and at face value.

However, what I bolded is what's sticking to me, and I'll try to keep it in mind for the future. I'm pretty anxious as an artist, along with a mean perfectionist streak and being constantly told to 'stop overdoing things' I guess I kinda needed the reminder there's no Marauder around the corner waiting to kneecap me for over doing it.
Wow - great submissions guys. I've loved seeing all of them! A really artistic bunch of PoE players we have:). I particularly love the models and those who have used different mediums but WOW - all of them have been fantastic!

Here is another of my submissions which is a continuum of my previous submission, I have drawn on the suggestion of one my friends. This is in reflection of some debate happening here due to my previous drawing.

Art is meant to provoke emotions right? Hope others find this funny:)

First Entry:

Path of Chaos
Ink on Paper, A6
by IG:@petardart_

Inspired by the divination card "three faces in the dark" and the chaos orb currency. The image is of zana, shaper and the elder resembling a chaos orb.

Currently serving the national army so I don't have time to do a digital piece. I hope the contest takes creativity into account when selecting winners.

direct image link
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Petarded เมื่อ 7 ก.ค. 2018 13:55:31
I decided to make an interpretation of the Forsaken Master Catarina, without her mask :)! Best of luck to everyone!

Version without quote

Version with quote

Hello!
Here's my watercolor paintings for competition.

Kitava

Witch with Inpulsa's Broken Heart

I edited photos digitally for adjustment brightness and fixing some minor mistakes.
Good luck everyone!
Doing a number of pieces to practice my workflows and rendering.

No.1 Lady Valai

No.2 Born in The Shadows

No.3 Spend Too Long in the Abyss and You Become The Abyss

No.4 Farewell Father

"The question I must ask is, not what I can gain but what can I do."
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Heliosia เมื่อ 1 ก.ค. 2018 12:18:01
"
Necronomiconie เขียน:
I'm pretty anxious as an artist, along with a mean perfectionist streak and being constantly told to 'stop overdoing things' I guess I kinda needed the reminder there's no Marauder around the corner waiting to kneecap me for over doing it.

all good no slight taken. I hear you about being anxious and a perfectionist, I can relate to that a lot as an artist, theyre 2 things Ive had to tackle along the way and continue to. Im just offering an opposing view point, Im not necessarily right, but Im playing devils advocate for the position because ud already sided with the other way.

When I did art at highschool I was given the same advice, dont over do it, and its good advice. Then when I went to art college I was told the opposite, go crazy overworking it. I think they both have merit, theres a time and place for either option, and they both have lessons to teach. Both made me improve at the time.

further thoughts for anyone interested...

สปอยล์
Heres the benefits I see to an overworking mindset. When you first put pen to paper you are already resigned to the idea that nothing you are putting down is final, it will all be lost under the final piece. So right away that frees you, tension disappears, expression and imagination can take over unchained from the pressure of having to do something "right". This in turn makes you work faster, you leave mistakes in, what you put down probably looks worse than your first marks before but thats fine, you almost dont want to be too good on the first run. This also gives you an idea of the piece really fast and early, and lets you make large corrections to scale, composition, perspectives etc early while its easy to fix and you dont destroy any work, cause the work comes later and will sit on top.

As you work over and over on top and refine, define, further realise the shapes hopefully a lot of that groundwork will still slightly show through what youre doing on top. This adds back in that chaos and complexity that you get from traditional media but is lost in the flat exactness of digital. A lotn of its bonus is simply giving you the confidence to make marks, to work quickly, to enjoy what youre doing because its never the final thing. Forget the undo button, use the saves in case something crashes, but try and correct mistakes by adding more on top of them, maybe a hint of them escapes through and stays, thats fine, its adding the randomness of life to it.

When you come to actually make some final marks, youll find its 80% done already, in theory all the composition and tonal areas etc are already there. Maybe this is where the idea of dont overdo it then comes back in, maybe you dont need to add too much to finalise it and a lot of this rough underwork can carry through to the final image. But make that choice after I feel, while ur doing it keep that freedom of thinking none of this is part of the final thing cause thats whats taking away that anxiety that can shut you down and allowing you to let your hands go.

^^ I dont always work this way, but its worth heavily exploring it and having those tools in your box, getting that experience. Theres a thing artists get into of treating every piece like its the defining work of their life, you get it from ppl making music too, it can rly hold creative ppl back. a feeling like they dont want to waste their time trying something different, trying another method cause theyre completely focused on chasing that perfect piece. Again it can be quite restricting and shut down development. Its a similar situation to the trying to make the final thing right away, going from blank canvas to finished in 1 hit, it forces judgement and evaluation, 2nd guessing yourself at an early stage where its often wiser to just let the muse flow unchecked.

Its art, theres no right and wrongs, im just throwing some ideas out. When I was at college teachers and students would throw out ideas and even if I didnt necessarily agree with them simply triggering thought and trying stuff out would lead to places. I feel like the worst thing is stagnation, getting stuck in a rut, getting trapped in a prison of sticking rather than twisting if that makes sense? thats why I brought all this up when I saw ur post, its an art thread, I feel like a lot of people get in these ruts, I know I do.

รายงานโพสต์

รายงานบัญชี:

ประเภทรายงาน

ข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม